Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Review - Phanteks is known for its wide variety of fans, but is broadening its brush stroke by now building its own computer cases. The Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis is a full tower computer case that promises the "Ultimate Water Cooling Solution," as well as removable filters, and a thermally isolated PSU location.

Great review! I really like the case. While there are minor cons like the res bracket but you can just use a dremel /saw to hack away the space you need. Can't wait for the white version :)

Guess my new 900D still in the box is off to be sold lol.. This is a killer nice case. Love they put in a spot to mount a pump. Also like the res mount that's included they really gear this to water cooling. You could really make a silent case with a killer setup in this case. And it looks sexy to boot lol

Great review indeed. I've been keeping my eye on this case for a while.

wow what a case. Definitely at the top of my list now for my next build.
A bit more price-wise than I hoped for but for a quality case like this plus they include accessories not normally included I think its reasonable.
Thanks for the review.

Whenever I see/hear the word "Primo" all I can think of is the line from Boondock Saints re "primo box."

Ironically, it applies here perfectly. Well done Phanteks. Your name bothers me, but your box is amazing! Seems like one of those cases you buy knowing your next several builds are going to be in that one case. In that case, the price tag is entirely reasonable.

Your name bothers me, but your box is amazing!

I know that girl.....

Yeah, the damn product name is.....well.....I don't even know what it is. It is so whacked out I can't even make a clever joke about it.

I'd get this case just for the filtering! Never mind the 2 homeless 480mm rads sitting on my shelf...

So tired of having to basically strip my case to the frame and then scrub off all the fine dust to get it clean. I've got a CM Sniper currently, which has the ubiquitous CM hex mesh, over top of much finer filter screen. The hex mesh unfortunately prevents easy wipe-down or vacuum cleaning of most parts...so I have to scrub every inch of filter mesh with an old toothbrush.

I have this case, and it kicks ass.

You can also saw the 240mm radiator bracket for the side in half and mount a 360/480 on the side too for THREE freaking 480mm rads! (granted, you will need to cut your own fan holes).

Also, there are a ton of reservoir mounting holes on the back that make it easy to put stuff externally.

However - the most KICK F#%@ING ASS thing about this case IS THE FAN CONTROLLER. I can use Speedfan to adjust 11 fans from OFF to 100% in Windows. Seriously, I would buy 3 more of those if they sold them individually, and if you prefer having power and silence optional at the same time, this beast is the way to go!

I watched the newegg video of it, and
it is a cool case. I settled on the AeroCool
GT-S Black Edition.

on page 5 of the review:
Although there are mounting locations in the front and bottom of the case that can physically accommodate all-in-one coolers with 240mm / 280mm radiators, the sheer size of this case prevents these types of cooling units with fixed length tubing from reaching the CPU socket area.

That may be truth for the 11.5" Corsair tubing but the 16" of tubing from NZXT's Krakens or 15" from Cooler Master's Nepton can not be excluded without testing.

Back