The Last of Us is coming to PS4 'sometime' this summer!

King Icewind

Supreme [H]ardness
I haven't gotten to play much of it since I don't have a PS3. Mostly just watched some friends and few streams, and tried the multiplayer a few times. Everyone always raves about, so I'm excited to experience it myself.

Graphics will be increased and it will contain the Left Behind single-player DLC.

Engadget.

Update: A Spanish site, Xtralife, listed the release date as June 19th. I don't know if that means it's the same or not for the US, or it's legitimacy, but still a date.

Last edited:
This is a pretty cool announcement, hopefully we'll see more of these AAA PS3 titles ported to the PS4 but with updated graphics (at least until the AAA PS4 titles start pouring in).

I'll be buying this for sure. Was tempted to pickup a ps3 to play this plus a few other games. However I absolutely hate the ds3 and from what I have heard the ds4 has limited support on the ps3. So now I can save $100 and just play it on my ps4.

Damn this sucks lol, I just finished the last of us on PS3 like a month ago. Then traded it in along with everything else for a PS4.

I would've liked to experienced it first on the PS4. But either its still an amazing game.

I'd revisit the game in 1080p/60. They pushed the PS3 to its limits and they used some trickery to make the game run better. The slow sequences had a lot more detail than the firefight areas. My launch edition PS3 fans sounded like an airplane the whole time I played.

I'd revisit the game in 1080p/60. They pushed the PS3 to its limits and they used some trickery to make the game run better. The slow sequences had a lot more detail than the firefight areas. My launch edition PS3 fans sounded like an airplane the whole time I played.

Mine too, I had to open the cabinet door so it wouldn't be so loud. Its by far the loudest I'd heard the fans on my PS3.

Whelp, given all the delays and pushbacks in AAA games I frankly dont think they have a choice. Good game? Sure, just calling a spade a spade

I just bought this game on sale when bb had it for 29 bucks doubt ill buy again till its on sale

Whelp, given all the delays and pushbacks in AAA games I frankly dont think they have a choice. Good game? Sure, just calling a spade a spade

You enjoy turning positives into negatives?

They didn't have a choice? PS4 demand is still high and is selling very well, don't see why this constitutes them having to release a next-gen version of one of the greatest games of last generation. If you enjoy putting a spin on things, then I'll do the same: I'll just say that they're releasing The Last of Us on the PS4 so that the countless Xbox 360 to PS4 converts can finally enjoy the game.

You enjoy turning positives into negatives?

They didn't have a choice? PS4 demand is still high and is selling very well, don't see why this constitutes them having to release a next-gen version of one of the greatest games of last generation. If you enjoy putting a spin on things, then I'll do the same: I'll just say that they're releasing The Last of Us on the PS4 so that the countless Xbox 360 to PS4 converts can finally enjoy the game.

Its not a matter of putting a spin on it its a matter of facts. PS4 in high demand? Sure, but what do all those early adopters do when they run out of games to play on it? They go see what the competition has available, thats pure market analysis.

If Major releases keep getting delayed then their PR image takes a hit, if their games get delayed to the point that there are no AAA high visibility games coming out in the foreseeable future that demand will start to fall, and if the competition has a higher volume of content at that same point in time their demand will increase. You also have stories after stories of high profile people, including one of the main writers from Naughty Dogs leaving their studios, layoffs etc.

This is an easy, low risk way to mitigate some of that

Wow, nice! I was thinking about getting this on PS3 sometime in the 2nd quarter with the release schedule slowing down. I hope we're talking about getting 60 FPS on the PS4 version. With the framerate I don't even care if they upgrade the graphics.

Its not a matter of putting a spin on it its a matter of facts. PS4 in high demand? Sure, but what do all those early adopters do when they run out of games to play on it? They go see what the competition has available, thats pure market analysis.

If Major releases keep getting delayed then their PR image takes a hit, if their games get delayed to the point that there are no AAA high visibility games coming out in the foreseeable future that demand will start to fall, and if the competition has a higher volume of content at that same point in time their demand will increase. You also have stories after stories of high profile people, including one of the main writers from Naughty Dogs leaving their studios, layoffs etc.

This is an easy, low risk way to mitigate some of that

Could they not just be releasing it because it was one their best sellers and top games? :rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll get a better version of GTA5 soon, too.
I'm getting tired of crossing my fingers for the PC version and am starting to fear that it might end up like Red Dead.

Nice! Sold my PS3 and TLOU before the DLC came out. Will rebuy.

Could they not just be releasing it because it was one their best sellers and top games? :rolleyes:

ummmm lets see here, thats the ONLY reason they are choosing this game specifically. Because it is the highest quality product that still has a buzz about it. It is a way to keep interest in the system and double dip and by them some time after every single delay they have had. Why is this announcement so adequately timed to be within a few months of major delay announcements? It doesn't sound like a decision that was made long ago, it sounds like a band-aid.

No, you don't just suddenly say you are going to release a game on a different system with only a few months to actually do it. You have to coordinate an entire time to rework and test, and then have the physical game produced and shipped. It's been planned. Just like Tomb Raider for the PS4 was planned too. It's simply money.

And it technically wasn't an official announcement.

No, you don't just suddenly say you are going to release a game on a different system with only a few months to actually do it. You have to coordinate an entire time to rework and test, and then have the physical game produced and shipped. It's been planned. Just like Tomb Raider for the PS4 was planned too. It's simply money.

And it technically wasn't an official announcement.

Especially considering the hardware differences from the PS3 to PS4. They are not smaller differences but MASSIVE ones. Naughty Dog built TLOU exclusively for PS3 hardware. Converting it to the PS4 is something they would have had to execute way in advance of the announcement to hit any kind of windows in the next few months.

But I'm excited. I loved TLOU.

Hopefully the graphics are a lot better. The PS3 version obviously looked great when it came to facial animations but a lot of the game looked like ass.

Leave it Vlad lol,

I'd be willing to double dip for the game if it comes out. It was an awesome experience. It's no different than Microsoft probably releasing Halo 2 HD or all the other HD collections that Sony has.

There is a rather large demand to see some high profile PS3 games come out as HD remakes, same as 360 games.

PS4 owners have plenty to play, I have no idea where the no games argument comes from. They are just now starting to make it available in some locations in quantity now and it will likely see 10 million in its first year. The number of games announced in development is rather large.

Not sure what the fuss is, give the gamers TLoU in HD it'll be a million seller easy and people see that they actually listen. I have my doubts they actually do it unless they hire an outside party. I do not believe Naughty Dog would they themselves take the time to redo it.

Leave it Vlad lol,

PS4 owners have plenty to play, I have no idea where the no games argument comes from.
Not sure what the fuss is,

What I take it as when people mention no games for the ps4 is console exclusives (non indies that are new games and not previously available). In this case I'll throw in Resogun because it's highly rated. For the PS4 you have resogon + kill zone + knack vs xb1 Forza/Ryse/Killer Instinct/Deadrising 3 it's pretty lopsided. Of course it will change soon as the xb1 indies will be rolling out soon and PS4 will get The Show / Planetside 2 (popular outside of the USA?). I must admit it is very entertaining to see PS4 fans start to turn on each other and Sony as delays and layoffs happen. Maybe they will start caring more about the current gaming experience of the platforms rather than speculative bullshit.

As you mentioned it is very much like Halo being released and I welcome both TLOU and Halo remakes on the new consoles as well as their future sequels.

Edit: Forgot to ad Infamous as it just came out. But the argument still stands regarding launch games.

Last edited:
What I take it as when people mention no games for the ps4 is console exclusives (non indies that are new games and not previously available). In this case I'll throw in Resogun because it's highly rated. For the PS4 you have resogon + kill zone + knack vs xb1 Forza/Ryse/Killer Instinct/Deadrising 3 it's pretty lopsided. Of course it will change soon as the xb1 indies will be rolling out soon and PS4 will get The Show / Planetside 2 (popular outside of the USA?).

Let's not forget Infamous Second Son that just came out, upcoming DriveClub, and also The Order 1886. Lot of good looking games coming out the next couple months for PS4.

I am definitely going to buy it, I hope they do some kind of upgrade like they did with some early titles (yeah I know it's unlikely). Funny, I rented the game and finished it, then I bought it when it went on sale for $25 because I heard about the DLC, but I never ended up buying the DLC, so I still have a shrinked wrapped copy. I guess I'll skip the DLC and wait for the PS4 edition now.

Man, so excited about this. Sold my ps3 two weeks before Last of Us was released to fund my ps4 purchase. I didnt think any game would revert my ps3 back from the netflix player it had become -- apparently, I was wrong from everything i've heard.

My question now is "when?"

Bro, this is a stealth game where you are walking and crawling around most of the time. Who gives a shit about 60fps in games other than FPSes?

You don't seem to understand the point of 60fps. Does the >30fps with blur to cover it up not hurt your eyes? Its about the game being smoother, it has nothing to do with making only FPSs better.

I am definitely going to buy it, I hope they do some kind of upgrade like they did with some early titles (yeah I know it's unlikely). Funny, I rented the game and finished it, then I bought it when it went on sale for $25 because I heard about the DLC, but I never ended up buying the DLC, so I still have a shrinked wrapped copy. I guess I'll skip the DLC and wait for the PS4 edition now.

The DLC is good, but not required to play. It gives more of a back story to ellies life.

Personally, I actually prefer 60fps in single player vs. multiplayer. This is a slower paced game where you have tons of time to look around and take it all in. IMO, it's irritating when you're in a game that's trying to immerse you in a world, and things are choppy or slow. In chaotic multiplayer I'm actually less likely to notice because you usually die if you stand around too much.

The Uncharted games in 1080p/60? Yes, please. They could even toss in the Vita version. It was still pretty awesome, too.

A Spanish site, Xtralife, listed the release date as June 19th. I don't know if that means it's the same or not for the US, or it's legitimacy, but still a date.

Last edited:
Especially considering the hardware differences from the PS3 to PS4. They are not smaller differences but MASSIVE ones. Naughty Dog built TLOU exclusively for PS3 hardware. Converting it to the PS4 is something they would have had to execute way in advance of the announcement to hit any kind of windows in the next few months.

But I'm excited. I loved TLOU.

Or they have an in house pc version running and they can easily port that. I'm not a game developer, but I'm guessing I would want to support the system I was developing on even if it wasn't the shipping platform.

Oh man, and I literally just started playing this from my PS3 backlog. I'm a wuss and the game gives me the creeps...I've also always totally sucked at being stealthy so it may take me awhile to completing.

Or they have an in house pc version running and they can easily port that. I'm not a game developer, but I'm guessing I would want to support the system I was developing on even if it wasn't the shipping platform.

ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh, people don't speak in common sense around here, least of all when it has to do with their Sony Gods, who when it comes down to it, just want your money and could give a crap about anything else. Delayed releases on high profile titles, very light AAA release schedule in the coming months = reduction in demand/interest from consumers. This is a band-aid like I said before, with extremely little to no risk.

Back