Dell 2407 and 2007 specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
any news on the release date/pricing?

They BETTER have fixed the bleeding issue.

i read that they're announcing the 2007 and 2407 on feb. 24th, as most of you have read already...i also read that they'll actually be available anywhere from march 4th through march 9th...i don't know if that's true...

also the 2707 is coming out...i have no idea when...probably based on the samsung 27'' panel...

SPinyNorman said:
The 2007 doesnt seem much improved over the 2005. I wanted to see a better response time.
It'll have (unfinished spec, useless to everyone except fascist powermongers) HDCP as well.

Sweet!! the only thing stopping me from the getting the 2005 was the you were taking a chance on getting a good one. If the bleeding is fixed in the 2007 one, I will be all over it.

Lazy_Moron said:
Sweet!! the only thing stopping me from the getting the 2005 was the you were taking a chance on getting a good one. If the bleeding is fixed in the 2007 one, I will be all over it.
qtf

I don't get it...the 2405 and 2407 both have 16ms black to white. What makes the 2407 'better'?

2405 has VA and the 2407 has PVA...

Diff ? :confused:

Also the the 2407 is quite a bit lighter than the 2405...

WTF? Why aren't they putting a component input on the 2007 like the gateway? Theres no real compelling reason to upgrade at all. Oh well.

Rishy said:
2405 has VA and the 2407 has PVA...

Diff ? :confused:

Also the the 2407 is quite a bit lighter than the 2405...

the 2405FPW was a PVA panel as well, from Samsung. Looks like the 2407WFP is just a more overdriven version of the same panel, hopefully the boost in grey transitions will translate into an observed improvement in real use

if those specs are correct then Dell clearly hasn't learned anything regarding the brightness issue from the 2405. The 2407 still has the same level of brightness, which to many is way too bright even when turned all the way down. I think it is disappointing.

Volkum said:
I don't get it...the 2405 and 2407 both have 16ms black to white. What makes the 2407 'better'?
- 6ms grey to grey
- HDCP
- 8 lbs. lighter, 4.5 lbs. lighter with stand

Chops said:
WTF? Why aren't they putting a component input on the 2007 like the gateway? Theres no real compelling reason to upgrade at all. Oh well.

I don't think Dell made the 2007 so 2005FPW users can upgrade. It will most likely be sold to those with smaller LCDs or CRTs. Most 2005 users would upgrade to a 2407 or a 3007.

Volkum said:
Ok it's got HDCP which will be useful in the future I suppose.
I don't think it's worth upgrading from your 2405 though. HDCP won't really be an issue for a few years.

Forget HDCP support. Why should we buy a bunch of expensive hardware that does not benefit us, only to be a part of some CEOs' delusion that it will keep their content safe? I'll just buy the movie, and then download the HD version off the internet and play it on my PC.

Volkum said:
Punisher77 said:
I don't think it's worth upgrading from your 2405 though. HDCP won't really be an issue for a few years.
Exactly what I was thinking.Exactly what I was thinking.
I was going to upgrade to the 2405 but I wanted to find out about the 2407 first. Now that I know that it's at least as good as the 2405 I'm going to wait for it. It's mostly just a product refresh.

The 2707 sounds pretty interesting though...

I have been waiting to upgrade to 24inch monitor, and have to ask this question. Current system that I own has a radeon 9800 pro card. Does that mean I will need to upgrade my video card to use this new 2407 monitor?

Thanks

seniorpaul said:
just out of curiosity, where did these specs come from?

Those specs are directly from Dells internal slides, which I believe are still under NDA ;)

Vizx... how about adding '2707' to title of this Thread?
So folks can look here for info on all three: 2007, 2407, 2707.
Thanx.

Zak said:
Vizx... how about adding '2707' to title of this Thread?
So folks can look here for info on all three: 2007, 2407, 2707.
Thanx.

agreed.

...JUST when I thought I wanted a 2407...2707! :eek: *DROOLS*

2707 is big enough to use as a reasonable size TV / monitor. 1080p. It will likely have HDCP too. Question is: will it have multiple inputs like the 2407 or just DVI like the 3007?

Maybe Dell considers this to be competition with its HDTV line too.

BTW, thanks for the info OP.

wonkman said:
2707 is big enough to use as a reasonable size TV / monitor. 1080p. It will likely have HDCP too. Question is: will it have multiple inputs like the 2407 or just DVI like the 3007?

Maybe Dell considers this to be competition with its HDTV line too.

BTW, thanks for the info OP.

exactly what i was thinking... specs, DELL, SPECS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back