[H]ard|Forum  

Go Back   [H]ard|Forum > [H]ard|Ware > Video Cards

Old 03-25-2012, 11:19 AM
macmansauce n00bie, 2.3 Years

gtx 680's at FRYS.com

Hello guys I ordered my gtx 680 with frys yesterday morning when they first put them up, im under the impression that frys has not recieved any cards from the manufactures yet and they are on the way, once they get they will send out preorders.

does anyone know how long until frys gets their shippment? like i said they havent sent out any yet so its not like the sold outta stock and are waiting for a 2nd shipment, they havent gotten the first yet I believe.

any insight guys thx?
Old 03-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Slava 2[H]4U, 12.4 Years

I asked employee and I think they had PNY version. I was like, no thanks. I wanted EVGA and they said they sold out already.
PSU: Corsair AX1200 watts
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2133mhz 16gb
HD's: Corsair Force GS 240 gb, OCZ 60 gb SSD, 1tb wstern digital, 1.5tb western digital
DSP: Asus 27" 3D 120hz
GPU: eVGA GTX 680
CD: Lite-On 24x DVD+/-RW
Old 03-25-2012, 12:34 PM
macmansauce n00bie, 2.3 Years

nice! im ordering online but i got the galaxy version before the price bump! im number 2 on the preorder list as of yesterday morning im sure more people are jumping on board by now tho but i honestly think frys is the sweet spot right now to get the card before newegg big restock in april. preorder now once the warehouse gets the cards in tennessee they will ship out the same day to you if its in the morning they get them! do it dont look back is the approach i took hope it pays off. saved my self the price bump tho!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:38 PM
The Cobra [H]ard|Gawd, 11.1 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I asked employee and I think they had PNY version. I was like, no thanks. I wanted EVGA and they said they sold out already.
There is nothing wrong with PNY's warranty IMHO. I have had PNY cardssince 2002 And other than not registering my last card (580 GTX) with them so I could get a replacement (They finally replaced it after I found my receipt) There have been no other issues.

If you register your card when you buy it, you get no hassle tech support. I believe this is very resonable. Most of my Nvidia cards have been PNY since my nvidia Geforce 4ti 4600. Only 3 have had issues since 2002. 2 artifacting cards and one where teh DVI port did not function. I am very pro PNY brand video card...
Primary Desktop: Intel 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, Asus Sabertooth X87 Mainboard, 32GB Patriot Memory (1866MHz), AMD/XFX R9 290x & AMD/XFX R9 295x2 (Tri-Fire), Dell 32' 4K UP3214Q monitor, 2x Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB (Raid-0), Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB 10K RPM HDD, Creative SB ZxR, Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/DVD/CD Combo Drive, Windows 8 Pro (x64), and other cool stuff.

Mantle Desktop: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4Ghz, 16GB/1866 Patriot Memory, AMD R7-260X/2Gb (Crossfire)

Laptop: Macbook Pro 13 Inch 2.4GHz Intel C2D, 8GB of Ram.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
thrgk Limp Gawd, 2.4 Years

if i decide to get one evga would be my choice, they have the step up program, and great service