[H]ard|Forum  

Go Back   [H]ard|Forum > Real Life Stuff > [H]ot|DEALS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-22-2012, 07:51 AM
TigerDirect Official Hot Deals Customer Service, 6.1 Years
 
Status: TigerDirect is offline  
TigerDirect.com HOT DEALS! 2/22 - 2/27



TigerDirect.com HOT DEALS



EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SuperClocked Batman Arkham Cith Ed. 1536MB GDDR5, Includes Game Coupon
Current Price: $529.99 - $30 Savings - $30 MIR - $30 Coupon = $439.99 + Free Shipping
Coupon:WWX55843
Expires on 2/27

OCZ 120GB AGILITY 3 SERIES SATA III 2.5 INCH SSD
Current Price: $189.99 - $30 Savings - $30 MIR Rebate - $7 Coupon = $112.99 + Free Shipping
Coupon: IKU55795
Expires on 2/22

Corsair XMS3 8GB DDR3 PC10666 1333MHz
Current Price: $64.99 - $10 Coupon = $54.99
Coupon: GVW55852
Expires on 2/27

ECS A55F-M2 AMD A-Series FM1 Motherboard and AMD Dual-Core A4-3300 2.5GHz Radeon HD 6410D APU Bundle
Current Price: $139.99 - $30 MIR - $25 Coupon = $84.99
Coupon:TQR55783
Expires on 2/27

Corsair Hydro H60 CPU Liquid Cooler
Current Price: $79.99 - $30 Savings = $49.99 + Free Shipping
Expires on 2/25
__________________
Official Hot Deals and Customer Service

Last edited by TigerDirect; 02-22-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Maplehamwich [H]ard|Gawd, 2.7 Years
 
Status: Maplehamwich is offline  
What's the reliability like on those OCZ Agility 3 drives? I've been wanting to get into the SSD arena but have held off because of the relatively terrible reliability of SSD's, seemingly across the board.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Burticus Gawd, 8.4 Years
 
Status: Burticus is offline  
EVGA GTX 580. Product? YES! Price? owieowieowie

The day I start dropping $400+ for a video card I should check myself into the funny house. Unless I just won the lotto or a bag of cash landed in my yard or something.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 AM
PTNL [H]ardness Supreme, 9.3 Years
 
Status: PTNL is online now  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maplehamwich View Post
What's the reliability like on those OCZ Agility 3 drives? I've been wanting to get into the SSD arena but have held off because of the relatively terrible reliability of SSD's, seemingly across the board.
Seemingly, perhaps... In actuality, no. Many OCZ drive models have had bad track records, and some have been improved as of recently.

Just dig through the General Hardware and Data Storage System forums and look for makes/models that are consistently recommended the most. (Spoiler: Many Intel and Crucial models would be on the list, and to a lesser degree the Samsung and a few OCZ models.)
__________________
No trees were killed in the creation of this message.
However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
woody75 Limp Gawd, 4.1 Years
 
Status: woody75 is offline  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maplehamwich View Post
What's the reliability like on those OCZ Agility 3 drives? I've been wanting to get into the SSD arena but have held off because of the relatively terrible reliability of SSD's, seemingly across the board.
I've been using mine since around September with no issues. I updated the firmware before I did anything else and it's been great ever since.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2012, 04:39 PM
HardBytes Limp Gawd, 9.4 Years
 
Status: HardBytes is offline  
Need to come down another $90 min. on the 580 to get my interest.
__________________
i72600K @ 4.5 :: D-tek FuZion water block
Swiftech MCR360-QP-K triple 120mm radiator :: Swiftech MCP655-B fixed speed pump
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3 BIOS 1606
Crucial M4 128 / 256 GB SSD's
EVGA GTX680 :: Xtremegamer X-Fi
G Skill 2 x 4 1600 [8,8,8,24,1]
26" ASUS VW266H Widescreen LCD Monitor
BFG Tech EX-1200 PSU
Se7en 64
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Melon Banned, 2.3 Years
 
Status: Melon is offline  
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBytes View Post
Need to come down another $90 min. on the 580 to get my interest.
Indeed, you'd be dumb to drop that amount on a new 580.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-23-2012, 02:37 PM
babochee Limp Gawd, 5.7 Years
 
Status: babochee is offline  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burticus View Post
EVGA GTX 580. Product? YES! Price? owieowieowie

The day I start dropping $400+ for a video card I should check myself into the funny house. Unless I just won the lotto or a bag of cash landed in my yard or something.
Some of us have 3+ 30inch monitors to power. Insulted.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Topweasel [H]ard|Gawd, 8.7 Years
 
Status: Topweasel is offline  
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTNL View Post
Seemingly, perhaps... In actuality, no. Many OCZ drive models have had bad track records, and some have been improved as of recently.

Just dig through the General Hardware and Data Storage System forums and look for makes/models that are consistently recommended the most. (Spoiler: Many Intel and Crucial models would be on the list, and to a lesser degree the Samsung and a few OCZ models.)
I would say the List goes Intel, Samsung (not to a lesser degree, Dell and Apple use them for a reason, they just aren't the top echelon in speed right now), Plextor, Crucial.

Performance is Intel Sandforce, then Plextor, Intel Marvel, Crucial Marvel, then Samsung. Crucial tends to be the best bang for the buck while still being reliable but the Plextor drives have a bunch of sales right now making it probably the best drive to get.

Till there is more experience with the OCZ sandforce stuff (since latest updates) I wouldn't touch it, and I wouldn't get an OCZ Octane (the one with an in house chip) till there has been a longer track record of non destructive updates. Considering prices I really wouldn't recommend anyone else out there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by Vbulletin - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2000 - 2012 KB Networks, Inc.