Dell 2007FP - NEC 2070NX - HP LP2065 (Gaming?)

Arin

n00b
I've been researching a dual LCD monitor setup for my computer system for about a week now mainly by reading sites such as this and Dpreview. I want a setup that is great for photo editing, so I believe an S-IPS system will work best for me. I also want one that supports the Digital DVI input and 1600x1200. I'm concerned that these setups will not be ideal for games, and video. Can anyone comment on the quality of these monitors in those departments? Is there heavy motion blur or ghosting? Also despite all my research I cant figure out for sure if I were to order the dell today if I would actually get an S-IPS. Also dell.com has a NEC 2070VX. What differes this monitor from the NEC 2070NX.

Anyways here are the monitors again:

Dell 2007FP
NEC 2070NX
HP LP2065

I think my current top pick is the cheaper HP LP2056.

Comments, opinions, suggestions?

Thanks!
-Arin
www.ArinAhnell.com

Arin said:
I've been researching a dual LCD monitor setup for my computer system for about a week now mainly by reading sites such as this and Dpreview. I want a setup that is great for photo editing, so I believe an S-IPS system will work best for me. I also want one that supports the Digital DVI input and 1600x1200. I'm concerned that these setups will not be ideal for games, and video. Can anyone comment on the quality of these monitors in those departments? Is there heavy motion blur or ghosting? Also despite all my research I cant figure out for sure if I were to order the dell today if I would actually get an S-IPS. Also dell.com has a NEC 2070VX. What differes this monitor from the NEC 2070NX.

Anyways here are the monitors again:

Dell 2007FP
NEC 2070NX
HP LP2065

I think my current top pick is the cheaper HP LP2056.

Comments, opinions, suggestions?

Thanks!
-Arin
www.ArinAhnell.com

LCD2070VX uses a TN panel and does not have a USB port.

travbomb said:
LCD2070VX uses a TN panel and does not have a USB port.

Flatpanels say it's the 16 ms S-IPS panel for 2070NX. The HP comes with a slightly newer 8 ms panel.

So does everyone agree that this 8ms HP panel should be the best bet? I just wish it wasn't in ugly silver.

ijozic said:
Flatpanels say it's the 16 ms S-IPS panel for 2070NX. The HP comes with a slightly newer 8 ms panel.

Keep in mind the HP is 8 ms grey-to-grey.

I just ordered the HP today. The panel is good but not perfect. Someone in prad.de forums said that comparing to the 2007FP, HP is actually faster or has less visible ghosting. Also the brightness falls short from the specs but is still enough.

I dont think the 2070NX much different from the HP, so id go for that since the HP is cheaper at least here. Also ive seen people saying that the 2070NX suffers from noise issues. Seen one who switched to the HP because of it. However, i think the NEC is just bit better since it costs more.

I wouldn't conclude the Nec is better just because it cost more. There is no evidence of that. The HP is newer, uses a newer version of the the same panel, is better featured, costs less and has excellent reviews.

No contest. Get the HP.

Snowdog said:
I wouldn't conclude the Nec is better just because it cost more. There is no evidence of that. The HP is newer, uses a newer version of the the same panel, is better featured, costs less and has excellent reviews.

No contest. Get the HP.

I didnt like what i said either. :)

It was just a "gut feeling" i guess...

I'm basically hours away from ordering two of the HP LP2065's. Will I have any regrets! :-p

I'm basically hours away from ordering two of the HP LP2065's. Will I have any regrets! :-p

Yes, you'll have a bunch of regret (well two times as much regret if you get two of them and they're both A-MVA) if you get an A-MVA like I did!

ahah....thinking about getting the NEC from Circuit City...I'm getting tired of shipping 20lb packages back to Ohio/NY or wherever these bad boys want their monitors RMAed back to.

where are you ordering it from? I got mine from PC Connection.

I almost hate to say anything being a noob and all but the only post you have here on hardforums are about this HP LP2065 not being S-IPS only anymore. No offense just seems weird.

I almost hate to say anything being a noob and all but the only post you have here on hardforums are about this HP LP2065 not being S-IPS only anymore. No offense just seems weird.

I was starting to wonder about the same thing. I would definitely like more confirmation.

I was starting to wonder about the same thing. I would definitely like more confirmation.

Hey, not a problem. No offense taken. I'm just trying to contribute to the discussion just like everyone else. I read the forum postings and noticed that the HP LP2065 was pretty well regarded and fairly cheap as well. Unfortunately, cheap sometimes = not high quality. A lesson learned for me.

I posted some low-res pictures of the LCD below (yeah yeah...I should be on the market for a camera as well as a LCD). I'm thinking of sending it back and biting the bullet on the 15% restocking fee. Anyone have any other recommended 4:3 LCDs I could look into? I'm thinking I'll pay up for a NEC.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4758/image00074ib5.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2199/image00075pk8.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9631/image00077qu5.jpg

Any other information you need from me just let me know. I probably went a little nuts and over posted on the forum about the HP LP2065. Just wanted to get the word out.

Thanks for all your help guys...

Honestly if you can get yourself a S-IPS Dell 2007WFP they are bloody amazing. I must have tried and/or inspected a dozen monitors before I decided on this one.. And it is amazing, no deal pixels, sharp as hell, no light leakage. The only thing I would say negatively about it is the viewing angle can cause a very dark purplish tint on the screen if you aren't looking at it from a center viewpoint, which isn't a big deal with a computer monitor since that's what people tend to do..

However, the big problem is that you might get something other then a S-IPS panel, but I can't tell you what the quality is like if you get something else.

Well I ended up bying 2 hp lp 2065's from newegg and soemone messed up the order, sent me 3 of them, only charging me for two. The packaging slip was a photocopy of one of the others... This was back in december.

I win.

computersetup.jpg

Back