Recommendations for CCNA lab

TheDude05

Limp Gawd
I'm new to the whole enterprise network thing and I'm looking to pick up some equipment to start on my CCNA while im at school. Looking to spend around 700-1000. Right now i have two 2610's with 1T wics and a 2950 switch. That alone bascially puts me at 700ish. Am I'm going overboard? Really I just need a good recommendation on equipment to purchase

TheDude05 said:
I'm new to the whole enterprise network thing and I'm looking to pick up some equipment to start on my CCNA while im at school. Looking to spend around 700-1000. Right now i have two 2610's with 1T wics and a 2950 switch. That alone bascially puts me at 700ish. Am I'm going overboard? Really I just need a good recommendation on equipment to purchase

2600 and 2950 are overkill for CCNA unless you plan to go on to ccnp/ccie otherwise just for ccna you need 2500's and 2912/2924's with IOS 12.0

700 is not bad... Cisco stuff is just expensive as it is. Its just a part of the learning experience...

I have two 1720 series routers, I like them because they run very quiet. Unlike the 2924 switch I have. It has three fans that are loud, and the case doesn't seem to be designed for good airflow. Sometimes it gets annoying when trying to do a lab with them. I'd like to use one as a real switch but they are just too damned loud in my room. Has anyone modified the fans to be quieter, somehow?

JDMs14 said:
Are the 1900 series switches still valid for CCNA?
No, the syntax for the IOS is different, and will confuse the shit out of you. Don't even bother with them.

Back