Drought over? 300,000+ PPD, 2 boxen,1200 watts. Goal Achieved.

may i be worthy

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2010
After that run of a dozen straight 6701s, could the drought be breaking?

I got a pair of 2685s yesterday, now Musky is a pair of 2686s.... (WANT! :eek:) And I now have back to back bigadv - only ever did that twice - but now on both, a new 2685 and a 2686, not quite 2 of the best, but dammit, close enough to be happy! :)

The flip side of demoralising streams of 6701s is that when you do get a pair of good bigadv, what a high!:eek::D I thought I would share:

original.jpg

310,000 PPD, 2 boxen,1200 watts. Goal Achieved. :D

PS: thanks again 10e, this would not have happened without you!

I'm pushing 166k ppd, and that is with a '84 on my main rig.

Life is good!

The two 2686s are getting me 136K and 129K, so 265K for both machines. Not 300K, but close enough for me. One is going to drop shortly though, and i am going to do some bios tweaking. It was nice while it lasted though...

I have not seen the -forceasm flag for a long time. Is that still relevant? Awesome PPD MIBW!

I'm still getting a string of P6701s on my SR-2, but I have seen a lot of P2685s out there too.

Congrats man. That is just insane production right there, although the 1200 watts part would make me cry once I got my electric bill!

Very nice! Thanks for you contributions and folding for the [H]ardest team on the planet!

Congrads on your 311k!!!

I currently have...
Got the last two this morning!

I just got a 2685 as well and now have two running. Tomorrow will be a good points day.

Impressive indeed. I finally have 2 Big WUs (just dropping one right now and working the other). I am still getting 6701's on anything that isn't running Big Adv though. I'm glad your drought is over :D

Dude that's insane!

I'm still waiting to pop my bigadv cherry. I set the flag this afternoon, and of course I pick up another 6701. That's pretty fail in my book. LOL

Thanks guys, particularly for putting up with self indulgent threads like this ;)

I have not seen the -forceasm flag for a long time. Is that still relevant? Awesome PPD MIBW!

Don't think so - these configs were set up by GPU Tracker 2 - I tweaked them via command line and now run them via shortcuts with relevant flags if I want oneunit etc.

Congrats man. That is just insane production right there, although the 1200 watts part would make me cry once I got my electric bill!

I don't think I will be running them both for a year full time folding, but the point is the points per watt is amazing - cant think of a way to get 320,000 ppd for under 1200 watts!

And, in you HAVE to be SHITTING me news, just got a 2692! This back to back bigadv is making my head spin - have I died and gone to heaven? :D:cool::p:):eek::D

Based on what most folks is reporting, it actually looks like something has changed in the last 3 days, although I know this is probably wishful thinking. (which sucks even worse for the folks stuck on 6701s still)

19 days since I added my second SR2, and this is the first moment they have both been running at pretty much max capacity. I know grabbing screenies is a bit lame every time I nudge the record up, but I am convinced this may never come again. :eek:

original.jpg

Last edited:
Guess that's why I've gotten nothing but 6701's all day, you guys are hogging all of the bigadvs. Stop that :p

Guess that's why I've gotten nothing but 6701's all day, you guys are hogging all of the bigadvs. Stop that :p

Whose cat did you run over? ;)

Adding to my theory, I had two quick SMPs 6058 and 6051, then another 2685. So apart from those two, that is basically 3 pairs of straight fast bigadv, and no 6701s. Quite the reversal from 3 days ago.

That is my best run ever, by a country mile. I reckon something has changed.

Now that I think about it, those two SMPs will just pip me from dropping 4 juicy bigadvs in one 24 hr period. :eek:

I just went 6702 - 6057 - 6701 on one of my SR-2s...nothing has changed...

Folding2 finished the 2686 this afternoon, picked up a 6056, and just now picked up another 2685 bigadv! I guess i'm getting lucky today. Folding1 will dump the 2685 it is working on tomarrow, and maybe i'll get lucky again. This is definately a nice break from the endless sea of 670x's.

@musky - is the Sr2 with all the smp the one you have been faffing with uncore on?

Working on a theory - and I need some help. I waited a few days to see how it has panned out - it still just could be statistical noise, but it is worth seeing if you guys can get better results too.

Given how interrupted my folding is with work etc, I was wondering if my occasionally slow unit was messing up my machines performance index.

A few days ago, after that horror run of 6701s I was feeling a bit over it, and tried some boinc/WCG after setting -oneunit to finish off the current 6701s. I read somewhere that the server uses your performance index to decide what to assign you. So when I resumed folding, I changed my client file to a new machine id - picked lucky 8 and 9 for each SR2 for a fresh start.

Look what has happened since:

SR2-1 SR2-2
2685 2685
2686 2685
6021 2692
2685 2684

Only been 3 days, but this looks promising. I realise everyone was getting a lot of 6701s a few days ago, but some folks are still getting hit, while most ? of us have moved on to mostly bigadv, and since I started in August I have never seen it this good. I wonder if my machine number reset my performance index at the best possible time. So you guys still getting hammered - has your machine been folding fulltime?

Last edited:
That one got a 2684 after it finished the 6701. The one I haven't touched for weeks picked up a 6701 after finishing its last 2684. Looking at the unit history for both of them, they look almost identical - 3 or 4 bigadv units out of the last 10 processed.

@musky - is the Sr2 with all the smp the one you have been faffing with uncore on?

Working on a theory - and I need some help. I waited a few days to see how it has panned out - it still just could be statistical noise, but it is worth seeing if you guys can get better results too.

Given how interrupted my folding is with work etc, I was wondering if my occasionally slow unit was messing up my machines performance index.

A few days ago, after that horror run of 6701s I was feeling a bit over it, and tried some boinc/WCG after setting -oneunit to finish off the current 6701s. I read somewhere that the server uses your performance index to decide what to assign you. So when I resumed folding, I changed my client file to a new machine id - picked lucky 8 and 9 for each SR2 for a fresh start.

Look what has happened since:

SR2-1 SR2-2
2685 2685
2686 2685
6021 2692
2685 2684

Only been 3 days, but this looks promising. I realise everyone was getting a lot of 6701s a few days ago, but some folks are still getting hit, while most ? of us have moved on to mostly bigadv, and since I started in August I have never seen it this good. I wonder if my machine number reset my performance index at the best possible time. So you guys still getting hammered - has your machine been folding fulltime?

if that was the case all you would have to do is stop everything.. run your windows performance test. then disable the windows performance test from ever running again. by default it runs every sunday at 1 am or when the system is idle. but sometimes it will just force run it even when its not idle which is why i disabled mine a long time ago.

I'd been without a bigadv for almost 2 weeks, just kept getting 6701's and 2's. I just got my second bigadv in a row. I sure hope the drought is over.

I'd been without a bigadv for almost 2 weeks, just kept getting 6701's and 2's. I just got my second bigadv in a row. I sure hope the drought is over.

Nope :(
I've gotten nothing but regular A3 (including a metric shit-ton of 6701's) for the last 36-48 hours. :(

6701's on both SR-2 here.

Wooo for 72k ppd, for BOTH of them. :rolleyes:

6701's on both SR-2 here.

Wooo for 72k ppd, for BOTH of them. :rolleyes:

I've been getting absolutely smashed and over-run by p6701 units. Out of my 5 BigAdv boxes, only two are running BigAdv units, and one of them is my slowest (Core I7 875K) running a P2685, and the other (Core I7 980x @ 4.1 Ghz) has a P2684.

This is getting stupid. We put money into these things to BigAdv units and they have seemingly run dry.

Not impressed at all.

Impressed by your numbers I am though, MIBW! :) Keep it up!

i'm so jealous. i need some hex cores

speaking of which, anybody have an extra x5650 for sale/trade? :)

Wow, six-digits ppd for 2 boxens is a impressive feat :eek:

I've been getting absolutely smashed and over-run by p6701 units. Out of my 5 BigAdv boxes, only two are running BigAdv units, and one of them is my slowest (Core I7 875K) running a P2685, and the other (Core I7 980x @ 4.1 Ghz) has a P2684.
Pretty similar situation on my end, maybe it's a Canadian thing, LOL. :D Only very lately has this situation changed to any appreciable degree. I have a -bigadv on all my machines running them now; it hasn't been this way for quite a while. GPU has partly tied me over but it's only complimentary not a substitution.

This is getting stupid. We put money into these things to BigAdv units and they have seemingly run dry. Not impressed at all.
This is one of the reasons why I have avoided building another -bigadv capable machine in close to a year. It just doesn't make economic sense from strictly a points angle if we base it on mere expectations. Expectations have gone completely awry. If one is financially endowed or is looking for a low power consumption to production ratio, then it makes some sense (everything makes sense if you have the loot). Even in those cases, however, expectations have largely disappointed because when we boil it down, it is all based on points.

Impressed by your numbers I am though, MIBW! :) Keep it up!
Indeed!! :cool:

the bang for your buck rig right now would be an all GPU system full of GTS250s

the bang for your buck rig right now would be an all GPU system full of GTS250s

Rite now, sure. But -bigadv will be back.

I do tend to think they are trying to finish up a project or two. And all the WU that got flushed by people that didn't want to run them because they where slow have to be compleated.

I do tend to think they are trying to finish up a project or two. And all the WU that got flushed by people that didn't want to run them because they where slow have to be compleated.
If you're referring to the dynamic duo they're back in business...

If you're referring to the dynamic duo they're back in business...

I was more saying that there where/are a bunch of people out there that flush WU likes these. They still need folded however.

so they left, came back, now left again?

Indeed, the second departure came shortly after AB posted a thread clarifying his original misunderstanding of WU dumping. I think someone here aptly described their continuing behavior as "emo-xxx-quit" but I can't remember the full word.

Back on topic, MIBW, great results! It will be interesting to see how high you can get in the EOC 24-hour running average after you get past the few days of BIOS experiments that dropped the average.

Back