Google Maps for iPhone and iPad Near “Finishing Touches”

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Google Map Apps will be making a return to iOS devices in the near future. An inside source with Google has reported that test versions of the new map software is presently undergoing field testing outside of the confines of Google. Apple has not commented on the possible addition to its iTunes Store.

Our goal is to make Google Maps available to everyone who wants to use it, regardless of device, browser, or operating system."

Where's those guys that like to spout the "it just works" line.

I've been enjoying google maps and free navigation since my first droid Evo4G years ago. Here's hoping Apple doesn't act like apple and block a legitimate and useful app for people to use.

"Apple has not commented on the possible addition to its iTunes Store."

This is the thing I hate the most about Apple and the iPhone. You could spend months, and thousands of dollars, designing an iPhone app, only to have it rejected because Apple doesn't like it. Or even worse, have your successful app banned from the store, with no warning or explanation, simply because your app does the same thing as a upcoming iOS feature (eg. volume button as camera shutter).

Can you imagine what modern computing would be like if Microsoft had had that kind of power back in the 90s and 2000s? I can guarantee that Netscape and Wordperfect would never have been allowed into the Windows App Store.

I don't understand how MS can break the law just by bundling IE, yet Apple is given complete editorial control over what can and cannot be installed on an iPhone.

Where's those guys that like to spout the "it just works" line.

I've been enjoying google maps and free navigation since my first droid Evo4G years ago. Here's hoping Apple doesn't act like apple and block a legitimate and useful app for people to use.

I just wish Google would fix Maps issuing thousands of partial kernel wakelocks when idle...huge battery drain when screen off idle and otherwise in deep sleep. Did it on my evo4g and still does it on my note2.

Back