Tigerdirect sucks

RegisteredToPost

Limp Gawd
I ordered some ballistix memory from tigerdirect because i thought they were reputable...(dont ask why i chose tigerdirect, the vendor choices were limited)

A few days past and the order did not ship..So i send an email, get the tigerdirect order, and check the status on their webpage. "Drop to shipper" Wtf? Apparently that means the order has been submitted to a 3rd party warehouse and it'll take an additional 7-10 days for order and shipping. Yea, fuck you. "1-2 business days"?! They told me i could cancel or wait, pretty much. I did not place the order with a credit card, so i'm not sure how they will credit me. I'm tempted to just wait it out. I sent another email asking if they could just send me some other O/C memory, but $64/512mb stick seemed like a bargain.

I ordered everything i need from their website, except for the cpu/cooling acc.. The memory i had to order seperately than the bulk of my new system, for reasons not worth mentioning. It's very irritating and frustrating to run into problems like this.
Tigerdirect: SHITLIST.

RegisteredToPost said:
I ordered some ballistix memory from tigerdirect because i thought they were reputable...(dont ask why i chose tigerdirect, the vendor choices were limited)

A few days past and the order did not ship..So i send an email, get the tigerdirect order, and check the status on their webpage. "Drop to shipper" Wtf? Apparently that means the order has been submitted to a 3rd party warehouse and it'll take an additional 7-10 days for order and shipping. Yea, fuck you. "1-2 business days"?! They told me i could cancel or wait, pretty much. I did not place the order with a credit card, so i'm not sure how they will credit me. I'm tempted to just wait it out. I sent another email asking if they could just send me some other O/C memory, but $64/512mb stick seemed like a bargain.

I ordered everything i need from their website, except for the cpu/cooling acc.. The memory i had to order seperately than the bulk of my new system, for reasons not worth mentioning. It's very irritating and frustrating to run into problems like this.
Tigerdirect: SHITLIST.

Its alot easier to order from crucial directly, plus they keep their records, so if you need a RMA and loose your info, odds are they'll still have it in the system. Makes it a pain free process.

Do you have a link to order direct? I may just cancel the order with TG and do that. I placed an order through amazon to TG. Not sure how the cancel order thing will work... I dont care i'll transfer some cash into my checking and debit order some shit. I want to get this new rig running...NOW 7-10 days suck dick. Fuck that.

go to crucial.com/ballistix... though it's a lot more expensive. why not newegg? ;)

This whole peice is pissing me off. Everything is on it's way except the memory. Mb, video, psu, and cpu are all in transit, cpu should arrive tomorrow around 11am. Fucking memory is nowhere in sight. Might have to drive my ass to staples and pay $749 for 2gigs of ram :(

calm down, patience is a virtue... i know it sucks that it'll take a few extra days to get your stuff, but its not worth wasting money over.... if you paid for 1-2 day shipping call TD and ask if you can get a refund.

Meh, i cancelled my order. If an item is out of stock i'd like to be notified, rather than ignored. Also what i've read about ballistix dieing for no reason, i'll go with Gskill or something. Tigerdirect was too busy sucking cock to let me know my purchase item was out of stock. Terrible experience overall..

I had a bad experience with Tigerdirect years ago (3-4 years ago) and never will do the business with them again. The old say I go by "Once bitten shame on them, twice bitten shame on you".

What did your problems entail?

My refund should post in 48-72 hours. I was considering picking up some corsair XMS platinum. What should i go for? ocz, corsair, Gskill?

and from my uncles experience - i bet you will be RMA"s most of those parts real fast!

:)

Back