Origin just logged me onto someone else's account

Rob36

Limp Gawd
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I was able to log into someone elses account using the 'log me in automatically' feature (with MY username and password entered). I then could message his friends, load up bf3 and I didnt notice I was logged into a different account until I realized all of 'my' favorites were missing...

This is pretty messed up. (I logged out soon after and then relogged, it put me on the correct account that time.)

sorry.. didn't want it to turn into origin sucks, but this is REALLY REALLY bad...

REALLY REALLY bad doesn't even begin to describe. I wonder how often this happens, and what happens if someone isn't as kind to just log out..

I suggest you report this to EA. Provide proof, so it can be fixed. Really the only thing that can be done.

Very weird.

yeah, were stuck with origin for the time being it seems, give ea a heads up, we would all appreciate you helping them fix this.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I was able to log into someone elses account using the 'log me in automatically' feature (with MY username and password entered). I then could message his friends, load up bf3 and I didnt notice I was logged into a different account until I realized all of 'my' favorites were missing...

This is pretty messed up. (I logged out soon after and then relogged, it put me on the correct account that time.)

More information needed..

are you at home, on a large network?

My first stab would be that you are a NATed network with others running Origin and Origin can't handle it very well.

and then again it could just be a poor system (maybe they use session ids and you randomly got assigned the same session id as someone else)

I would email EA about it if you can get ahold of them, they may be able to pull up their authentication logs and see what is going on and get it fixed.

Used to happen to me in Aion a bunch. I could play other people's accounts for months. Then finally NCSoft fixed it. In Rift you could login, then use a simplistic exploit to be able to choose anyone that was currently logged in. When you chose their account it kicked them off and you were online. If they tried to login to kick you off, they would get a message that they were already logged in. Nasty bug!

Just explain to EA what is happening. It's their login servers being susceptible to exploits. Not that you were doing it intentionally; but something you did triggered it inadvertently. If the hackers get wind of what you did to trigger it, I feel sorry for EA. It took Aion and Rift quite a bit of time and placating to make their affected customers feel somewhat safe playing their games again.

Used to happen to me in Aion a bunch. .

Confirming this also occurred. I nabbed a guy from Siels account one day on accident. Obviously I did nothing with it, he was a White wings though so I was gonna delete his account :)

Asmo's for life :D

Yikes! WTF?? Ummm, this needs to be seen by more people. Posted it on reddit.com/r/battlefield3 yet?

Just like Trion and the rift people.
They made a blip about people having access to accounts.
THEN when these people got their accounts hacked. IT WAS THE USERS FAULT
bad security and you need to check your computer etc.

Companies just do what the morons allow them to do..
and that is just about anything they want now.

Just like the wow clowns that thing buzzard is their god.

I had something line this happen years ago in old school eq. Would log onto my own account and see a list of random characters, sometimes people I knew.

At least the traffic is going over SSL.

I've seen worse, I had to tell a company their existing system wasn't PCI compliant (credit card processing) as I could pickup their logon's ect off the wifi (in plaintext) :eek:

Origin needs a steam guard like feature, one of the best features of steam

Origin needs a steam guard like feature, one of the best features of steam

That reminds me, I have to re-enable it. I disabled it long time ago for some reason, can't remember why.

Also OP did you take any screenshots for proof? Just curious?

Back