Monoprice keystone + Leviton wall plate?

AMD_RULES

2[H]4U
I'm in the process of wiring my home network. I'm doing a 'home-made' style patch panel which is a keystone wall plate mounted near the rest of the hardware in the basement. I was only going to use a 2 port wall plate, but now I found out that I will need to add a third drop to the basement location.

I have some monoprice keystones coming in the mail this week. Will they fit in a Leviton wall plate? I can pick up the wall plate at home depot. I need all the hardware for this week :confused:

I'm in the process of wiring my home network. I'm doing a 'home-made' style patch panel which is a keystone wall plate mounted near the rest of the hardware in the basement. I was only going to use a 2 port wall plate, but now I found out that I will need to add a third drop to the basement location.

I have some monoprice keystones coming in the mail this week. Will they fit in a Leviton wall plate? I can pick up the wall plate at home depot. I need all the hardware for this week :confused:

why not buy a punchdown box and run your cat5 to it, it leave you to expand later on.

something like this,

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=1051402&p_id=7299&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

This is false. Almost every brand is different, I have been burned by this assumption several times.

Best to use the same brands through out the whole install, that's exactly why i do it, not worth mixing things up.

I remember there being an issue specifically with the Monoprice keystones and Leviton plates. The Monoprice keystone jacks are a little bit too wide to sit side-by-side in the Leviton wall plates.

However, I have Monoprice keystones and plates and they fit fine. I can put four keystones in one plate.

This may have changed though, check out the user feedback reviews on monoprice.com for the wall plates and keystones. There is more information in the reviews.

Riley

Monoprice jacks fit in leviton wall plates, but only certain configuration

Dual plates fine, triple plates no as they are to close together.

I use all monoprice keystones and wallplates. I would order the plate from them or just use a wallplates with a whole in it

Yes the leviton ones from home depot work, that's what I do. Also you can get keystone patch panels. Monoprice does not seem to have them anymore though.

lrg-1125-dsc03735.JPG

I'm going to go pick up a 3 port Leviton faceplate, as well as a faceplate with a hole in it.

Thanks for the info guys! Pictures will be up later this week :D

Doubt the 3 will work, see if they have the audio one that is used for audio video an behind screens

Doubt the 3 will work, see if they have the audio one that is used for audio video an behind screens

They had one, but it was too large. I bought the 3 port one... I'm just going to run the cables through them and use Rj45 ends near the switch.

Well my monoprice order arrived today and I'm happy to report that the monoprice keystones fit in the leviton wall plate. They wiggle a tad, but they're not going any where

Back