Newegg philosophy: 3 day delivery does not include 2 days it take to get in mail!

rjolin01

[H]ard|Gawd
I am so frustrated with newegg at the moment. I ordered some ram early Tuesday paid for the UPS 3 day shipping and they say I will get my package Monday. Last I checked that's 6 days. I understand that it takes time to get the product off the shelf and in the hands of the carrier but it didn't hit picked up status till late Wednesday. I should just stayed with the free shipping or gone to tigerdirect since I usually get stuff from them in a day or two with basic shipping since they only four hours away. Maybe I just over reacting.

Amazon Prime is better, but lately the 'free 2 day shipping' has been taking 3-4 days. I feel for ya. You should contact Newegg via their webchat and see about a partial refund for the shipping costs

if you payed for rush processing on tuesday would of prob been to you on friday, usually get stuff in 2 days from newegg 1 day processing 1 day shipping

Same here, except in my case it was a mobo. Whatever. The days of free Fedex Super Saver are gone. And they shipped on weekends... We're stuck with shitty UPS ground. Shoulda payed the extra $2 for rush processing, huh?

After re-reading your post.... Wait.. The "guaranteed 3 day" delivery is standard. Yes, you payed for it, but there is nothing cheaper. Unless you are referring to the only-free-if-you-sign-up 2 day delivery.

Yes, it sucks, but that's what happens.

Did you click the box for rush processing for $2-3 more? This still isnt a promise of fast shipment, just more likely, and if they dont, you get the money back.

Otherwise, yes, it can take 24-48hrs. It says that near/in the info about the rush processing (Been a while since I ordered, but it used to be there somewhere..).

The weekend always add time to UPS shipments, they don't deliver on Sat. or Sun. Either you go FedEx or always pick the free shipping option.
When I order on Tues, I always make sure to get my order in by 11AM. The best chance to get the item shipped out the same day without paying for rush processing.

I ordered some stuff from Tiger and upgraded my shipping to two day air so I would have it by tomorrow. Turns out there was a weather delay and now i have to wait till monday. This is with UPS and I dont understand how with their logistics they can get this kind of delay. Its suppose to be guarantied 2 day. At least Tiger said to call them when I get it and they may help me with the shipping charges..

I probaly should be directing some of my frustration to ups also for not delivering saturdays but if newegg was timely with getting the product in the mail I would have gotten it today (friday) instead of waiting the weekend. It is not the end of the world that I wont havve my memory right away, just the principle that I aid extra to have shipped fast. Kinda contradicted myself there I guess. I should of just stayed with free shippng and been patient.

Other than tax, the shipping is a main reason i will pay just a few extra bucks everytime to order from Amazon. Instant gratification is worth $$ imo.

I ordered some cables Wednesday morning from Newegg and paid for 3 day shipping.

The cables are shipping from the Memphis wharehouse

UPS STILL does not have the package...as of Friday Morning

Newegg's wharehouse is so close to me that I can hit it with a rock as I type this.

It's a shame the Unibomber got caught...

I ordered some cables Wednesday morning from Newegg and paid for 3 day shipping.

The cables are shipping from the Memphis wharehouse

UPS STILL does not have the package...as of Friday Morning

Newegg's wharehouse is so close to me that I can hit it with a rock as I type this.

It's a shame the Unibomber got caught...

Doesn't NewEgg offer a Will-Call service if you live close to one of their Warehouses?

I agree I am pissed at Newegg about it, I ordered something tuesday and it also did not get here until Monday. I also recieved "rush ordering" because i am a preferred member, what gives?

Did you click the box for rush processing for $2-3 more? This still isnt a promise of fast shipment, just more likely, and if they dont, you get the money back.

Otherwise, yes, it can take 24-48hrs. It says that near/in the info about the rush processing (Been a while since I ordered, but it used to be there somewhere..).

People actually pay for that scam that newegg made up?

I have never chose that option and mine always ship out the same day or if the order is placed late, the order will ship the next day. If newegg actually took 1-2 days in order to box my product so UPS can pick it up, newegg wouldn't be getting my business, because I shouldn't have to pay an extra $2-3 for newegg to do what others do for free.

Rush processing is a major scam. I would never do that, may as well light your money on fire.

I've been bitten by this on more than one occasion. The worst was on memorial day...I expected to get a mobo on Friday (with the two-day shoprunner service), but but they waited nearly two send it out. With a Monday holiday, my two-day shipping became a week.

Between the slow shipping and their ever-inflating prices, I've been turning to Amazon, Buy.com, superbiiz.com, and eBay a lot more.

it's partially also UPS's fault (well more than half) i mean my freaking package gets to nearby town and stays there for two days before they send it to me, i mean it's freaking 2 hour away from me 2 hours.

i have same problems though i've turned more towards amazon now as i've had nothing but problems with newegg lately even though they've been very nice with me, the hardware is DOA almost 75% of time, i had freaking 6 RMA in last two month alone.

NewEgg is slowly going down hill. I ordered some DVD's from them on a Sunday night, didn't get them til Friday. Mind you, I live in Las Vegas and UPS/Fedex run trucks from LA (where it shipped from) to LV every night I believe. Used to take less than 24hrs to get my stuff sometimes. Now Amazon is so much better.

And don't get me started on their rush processing scam. I'm still bitter about them screwing me out of $150 .. ordered, the order got stuck in the system (despite rush) and the chat person had to delete and recreate it to get it to process forward. When she did, the sale items were no longer on sale and she refused to match the price for THEIR mess up.

Sorry .. end rant.

I always get my packages in 2 days (cali to utah) from when they are shipped from newegg and they have always shipped same day for me (I usually order very early in the morning).

I nearly always get my packages 1 day after; 'cept when they are mailed from california then they take 4 days :(

NewEgg is slowly going down hill. I ordered some DVD's from them ........

:eek:
People still buy DVDs?!?

And yeah.. Ill never pay for any kind of shipping other than the standard 2-3 days and expect it in a week.. Rush Processing is not guaranteed, however overnight shipping is (If they dont screw up the address or something)

Egg Saver shipping sucks, isn't this common knowledge by now? :rolleyes:
Egg Saver = UPS/DHL Mail. Courier takes it, gives it to USPS, USPS delivers it.
If you needed the ram sooner you should have paid for Ground (or better).

Shipping services have went up in price just like everything else since gas prices are high...again, I thought this was common knowledge. :confused: They're not going to eat the cost and keep the same shipping service; they're going to scale back to a slower service at the same price (or cheaper). We ship out UPS almost daily at the company where I work and small packages under 5# used to usually cost less than $4.50 for Ground. Now they're usually $6+ depending on distance.

It's gotten to the point to where if I can't buy it with Amazon Prime, I'll just go to Fry's or figure that I don't need it.

I've always been very impressed with Newegg's shipping; especially out of the Memphis warehouse. I've ordered items at 5pm and gotten them at 10am the next morning in New Orleans with just standard shipping.

I have no complaints with newegg.

If my order is in by noon PST (3PM EST) it will be processed and delivered to my door the next afternoon if it comes form NJ. All for standard ground.:D

Memphis, 2 days, California 3 days. Not too shabby.

Just dont ever use eggsaver......shit could walk to me faster.

I live 1 state away and love how it still takes full 5 biz days for me :) I go Amazon if/when possible.

Newegg is always pretty fast for me. I live in California so I'm close to one of their warehouses I guess, but that shouldn't have any effect on the processing time, which has always been either next day or same day for me, depending on when I place the order.

Also, I've never used the Rush Processing option...They always ship fast enough that I've never felt the need to try it. Either way though, I don't think I'd ever try it. I don't like the idea of paying extra for something that they should be doing anyway.

I've always been very impressed with Newegg's shipping; especially out of the Memphis warehouse. I've ordered items at 5pm and gotten them at 10am the next morning in New Orleans with just standard shipping.

+1 same here just outside of St. Louis. LOVE the Memphis facility. :)

I'm in DC and my stuff get's here the next day with 2 day shipping (I signed up for the 1 month free 2 day shipping, canceled after the order). If I do 3 day shipping it get's here in 2 days.

If you order something from Newegg at 4:29pm and expect it to ship same day you have issues. Otherwise generally (at least from NJ warehouse) if you order before noon your order will ship same day. I paid for Rush Processing once when it was 2:50pm and it did ship same day so I dunno. I only did it because it was already so late, I've ordered that late prior and it didn't ship till the following day.

Last edited:
Amazon Prime is better, but lately the 'free 2 day shipping' has been taking 3-4 days. I feel for ya. You should contact Newegg via their webchat and see about a partial refund for the shipping costs

Weird, I usually order things on amazon with their free standard and get it in <2 days or so, even shipped from midwest.

I still am giving the nod to Newegg's shipping policy. I think they do a fantastic job for the most part considering most of the time they offer free shipping!

Haven't bought anything from Newegg in about a year, but they used to get it to me the day or the following day I order.

Never had that problem. Even with the newegg "saver" shipping, which usually takes 2 days to get to me. But I live like an hour from Newegg's wearhouse.

No issues with Newegg shipping, it's always been damn near next day except for those Memphis or California shipments. Eggsaver sucks big ol' donkey nutz. I waited about a week to receive merchandise that was shipped from the NJ facility. I'm in NY so that's like next day if it ships via UPS but that DHL/USPS method is pure madness.

I've always been impressed with Newegg shipping as well. Nine times out of ten, if I order something before Noon time, I'll have it the next day; worst case scenario, the day after. Of course, I'm in NY too, so their warehouse is right next door. In comparison, Amazon has always been fine for me. Many, many times I've ordered stuff via Prime, and gotten it the next day as well. I still prefer Newegg if possible though, since I don't pay tax (for now).

Got the ram today...week after ordering. I did pay for the 2-3 ground shipping and still got it in a week. From now on I will have newegg.com as last resort and stick with good ole usps. they never let me down. FedEx once ditched some stuff I was expecting in a plastic bag (cause was raining) in the bushes of a different apt complex cause they couldnt find my address (if only he had walked around the back of that building). Good thing the guy was nice to bring it to me. Also UPS is more or less ding dong ditch. By time i get to door when they ring he is already walking back to truck. Had to chase him down twice already.

I joined the Shop Runner shipping club and I got free 2 day shipping. The service is free for like 30 days then they charge your credit card 79.99. Of course I plan to cancel the service before the 30 days are up, and shipping was really fast! At Newegg!

I haven't had too many problems with Neweggs shipping speed, but it is what it is. If I need something for the weekend and I haven't ordered it by Tuesday morning, I know better than to order from Newegg and expect to have it in time. If it's DHL "Smart" Mail, forget about it. Never get anything faster than 7 days with DHL shipping it (I live in California).

Amazon Prime is my preferred if I need something by a certain day, usually get things next day if I order early in the day, two days if I order later. They also sometimes use OnTrac delivery, so occasionally I'll even get my Amazon deliverys on a Saturday.

Back