What are some good epic co-op games?

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
What are some good co-op games similar to Champions: Return to Arms game? Either PC or console.

On PC, basically nothing. On console, I have no idea.

While I have no idea what Champions... is like, my son will no doubt suggest the epic LEGO: Star Wars (now available as "Complete Saga" for just about all platforms.
Personally I find Star Wars fairly entertaining and fun, but the co-op part isn't completely streamlined. The players really need to co-operate to make it work, and often it's much easier to just use the AI as "player 2". At the same time there are instances where a second human player really does help.

Castle Crashers is a basic hack n slash for xbox live arcade, but its very childish (one level all the animals have the shits for no apparent reason). But the game play is solid.

Borderlands. Awesome co-op. Only fun for the first 10 hours but still fun. (on PC and consoles)

what kind of games are you looking for? Any sports or racing games has 2 player options.

Any other hack n slash game like that Diablo, Torchlight, stuff like that.

Or NWN2, a bit more RP and less hacknslash but its alot better than the others IMO.

It looks like your standard Hack N Slash RPG?

I'm assuming you've heard the likes of Diablo, World of Warcraft, and Guild Wars. Not too much stuff recently - maybe try Titan's Quest. These are all on the PC.

Did a quick search on Champions: RtA, and it basically seems like a repetitive PS2 action RPG/hack 'n slash. Couldn't tell if it was isometric or not.

For PC coop RPG/dungeon crawler, I'd recommend Titan Quest (a Diablo clone), but it's no hack 'n slash. Very fun coop game.

For Xbox360, Castle Crashers is definitely an epic hack 'n slash. Also see Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1/2.

About the best coop game I've found to spend an evening playing with a mate is the original 'Toejam & Earl' via Megadrive/Genesis emulator. :cool:

While I have no idea what Champions... is like, my son will no doubt suggest the epic LEGO: Star Wars (now available as "Complete Saga" for just about all platforms.
Personally I find Star Wars fairly entertaining and fun, but the co-op part isn't completely streamlined. The players really need to co-operate to make it work, and often it's much easier to just use the AI as "player 2". At the same time there are instances where a second human player really does help.
I'll echo this sentiment. Either LEGO Star Wars or LEGO Indiana Jones are really cool 3D platforers with co-op. Fun on the wii.

I'll also add that new Super Mario Bros Wii game as well, wicked fun.

Dungeons & Dragons Heroes was pretty good on the original XBOX. Seems very similar to what you're looking for, and the co-op is fun.

I have no idea what Champions is, but the best Co-op I've played is Uncharted 2, tho it can be pretty hard even on easy.

I'm talking about a game that has a leveling up system of sorts, where the more you fight the stronger you get.

check out

http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html

lots of good co-op games on the PC

no idea what champions are but some of my favorite co-op games

Operation Flashpoint, Arma, ArmaII

The Ghost Recon/Rainbow 6 series

i also really enjoyed the SHOWW2, Faces of War, Men of War series

if you enjoy iso views arcade style check out shadow ground survivor (cheap) on steam..

Titan Quest (fun game that i play with the gf)
Diablo II
(dont know any new games on the PC 2009+ similar to these games)

Warcraft III (RTS with RPG elements)
Borderlands (FPS with RPG elements)

MMOS? WoW, Aion, etc....

I really enjoyed playing the Gauntlet game that was ported from N64 to Xbox back in the day. I think they came out with a new version in the past 3 years or so.

edit: Seems that the newest release of Gauntlet is called Seven Sorrows and was released back in 2005 for PS2.

Trine, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, maybe Dawn of War II (haven't played it), Diablo, of course, Gears of War, Resident Evil 5, Left 4 Dead, Borderlands, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Bad Company 2.

From my Steam games list:

Borderlands
HL2 Synergy
L4D series
Napoleon: Total War
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Serious Sam series
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II & Chaos Rising

Are there any good mech games such as Armored Core or Chromehounds? Preferably online?

If the next Elder Scrolls game has co-op, it'll go on to be the greatest game of all time

Another vote for Sacred 2. They just released the expack,(Edit: "just" as in, within the last 6-8 months I guess?) which I'm sure I'd be playing if I had someone to play it with :p The game is HUGE. Super huge. The environments are great, the bosses(what few there are) are all spectacular in their own right(especially the fog boss, IMO). The leveling system was really good, it felt like there were a lot of different directions in which you could take your character. The way the skills work takes some getting used to, but it's fairly straightforward.

Oh, and in what other game can you be a Cyborg Anubis riding around on the coolest mount in any game ever; A Mobiculum(google for pics :p)? Sacred 2 is worth picking up if you like Hack'n'slash games IMO.

Last edited:
Gauntlet Legends was pretty good co-op if you didn't take it seriously.

Played the first champions game was not too impressed. If you ever played EQ its worth a go through because of the similar content, lore classes, races etc.. The champions games are basically spinoffs of EQ.

Champions was awesome, there are no other games quite like it. The only other two games that exist in that same type are

Champions (the 1st one)
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 1/2 (basically the same game type)
Sacred 2

Sacred 2 is the only similar type game available on the next gen consoles, sucks but thats how it is.

Toe Jam and Earl can never be beat.

but for PC there aren't many games that just 2 players can play and the onces there are have all been said already.

Perfect Dark 1 on consoles. (not the gameboy color version) You can play threw the entire campaign mode in co-op, or even counter-op. Epic is the only work to describe the experience.

Mortal kombat shoaling monks was one of my favorite co op games ever.

Perfect Dark 1 on consoles. (not the gameboy color version) You can play threw the entire campaign mode in co-op, or even counter-op. Epic is the only work to describe the experience.

I wish they would port the new XBLA version over to PC and release it on GFWL. One of my all time favourite games and always hated it being on the n64. Ran terrible and looked subpar compared to PC games of the time and controlled like shit. Bought the n64 just for it and nothing else. Don't want to buy a 360 and subscribe to live just for PD all over again. :|

I played Sacred 2 when it was released but completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder I think I will check it out again.

I wish they would port the new XBLA version over to PC and release it on GFWL. One of my all time favourite games and always hated it being on the n64. Ran terrible and looked subpar compared to PC games of the time and controlled like shit. Bought the n64 just for it and nothing else. Don't want to buy a 360 and subscribe to live just for PD all over again. :|

Pretty much everybody that complained that Perfect Dark ran sub par, turned on high res mode. In regular res mode, I find the game quite smooth. Oh course 4 people in multiplayer plus 8 bots and explosives could bring your framerate down. Although personally I would never want to play against so many bots at a time so it never affected me.

I have been enjoying Killing Floor lately on PC. Got it for like $5 during Christmas Steam Sales.
46489_KillingFloor-05_normal.jpg

Addition: They also have some servers with 50 Player Co-op now...it gets crazy.

Back