ATI card on Intel chipset?

Tom B

n00b
Ok call me a sceptic, but it seems to me that AMD would want their cards to work better on their chipsets. nVidia and Intel are unaffiliated, but AMD owns ATI, why would they want better performace on an Intel chipset?

Is AMD/ATI a better mix than Intel/ATI?

Are there any downsides to running an ATI card on an Intel board/cpu?

AMD needs to make money, regardless of where it is.

ATI cards work just as perfectly on Intel chipsets and their are no issues at all.

Shouldnt be, and if they ever do start doing this I am sure the review sites like the [H] would pickup on it pretty fast as most do testing on AMD and Intel rigs.

If they ever did try anything like that I can assure you it would make me a much bigger fan of nVidia. I already dislike AMD processors/chipsets as it is...so it would just be driving a nail into their coffin.

It doesn't make sense for a company to castrate their own card. Majority of chipsets out there are Intel

The question you should ask is why would AMD want their graphics cards to perform worse on intel chipsets when they comprise over 60% of the market. It just wouldn't make sense.

None whatsover. The 5870 ripped through stuff on my x58 Classified. And the x58 is an Intel specification motherboard.

I think you're getting ATI confused with Nvidia. As far as I know Nvidia is the sole manufacturer to intentionally cripple their own video cards when a competing product is detected. :p

Back