Capacitive vs Resistive screens?

Jakalwarrior

2[H]4U
How do you guys manage accuracy on those capacitive screens? Ive gotten to where I can use the edge of my thumb nail as well as a stylus but every time I pick up an iPhone I feel retarded. I love the light touch and the responsiveness but I just cant master it for accuracy stuff.

Practice makes perfect. For typing on an iPhone it's fastest to put the phone on a table and use both index fingers IMO.

It took me a while when I used my iphone but after a while I got pretty good at controlling it. The next phone I had after that was the HTC Touch Pro which wasn't nearly as responsive as the iPhone's screen. I took it back within a week and got something else. I'm a fan of capacitive screens to say the least.

I think resistive touch screens are on their way out. All of the resistive touch screen phones that come out a lot of people have trouble using. The Fuze with it's TouchFlo3D stuff looks just ridiculous in some of the videos I've seen. People have some real trouble with it.

I think resistive touch screens are on their way out. All of the resistive touch screen phones that come out a lot of people have trouble using. The Fuze with it's TouchFlo3D stuff looks just ridiculous in some of the videos I've seen. People have some real trouble with it.

Some people just cant use them. Whenever my wife gets mine she mashes the crap out of it. Especially when its not responding quickly enough. Gave it a stuck pixel!!! AHHH!!! "If the screen turns funny colors you are mashing way too damn hard!!!" Thumped it a few times and it finally subsided though. She uses her nails now like I do but she still mashes too hard... pains me to see her use it.

Really though, all of the resistive screens I've used do not work with fingers. Just finger nails.

Some people just cant use them. Whenever my wife gets mine she mashes the crap out of it. Especially when its not responding quickly enough. Gave it a stuck pixel!!! AHHH!!! "If the screen turns funny colors you are mashing way too damn hard!!!" Thumped it a few times and it finally subsided though. She uses her nails now like I do but she still mashes too hard... pains me to see her use it.

Really though, all of the resistive screens I've used do not work with fingers. Just finger nails.

Yeah I've only used them briefly, but that's about what I've heard as well.

Back