so, USPS lost my graphics card. anyone worked with insurance before?

AmongTheChosenX

Supreme [H]ardness
So i mailed my graphics card on April 8th, visiontek still hasn't recieved it. how the USPS lost a freakin priority mail package, i have NO idea.

so i started looking at filing for insurance, since i bought insurance on the card.

I have the original reciept of purchase from the post office, as well as the little black slip that says you insured it. i'm going to call visiontek and get a signed letter from them saying that they have not recieved it, and then go file a claim on april 29th (21 days after a mailed it).

has anyone here worked with insurance services of the USPS and gotten their money?

PS: I know i'm expecting to need to wait like 60 days for the money.

This is one of those things where you go with USPS Priority with delivery confirmation as well as insurance. If you can prove to USPS that the package was not delivered (from the delivery confirmation number), then I think they will reimburse you.

i don't have delivery confirmation on it though. i have the insuranc slips and everything. i even have a reciept f the guy who bought the 3870, that shows he paid $240 for it!

as long as you have insurance, and like at least 30 days (could be more) passed, you can file for reimbursement. Call up usps customer service, or go to postal store for more info. One my insured parcels was lost a few years ago, and I got reimbursed.

let that be a lesson to u, not to ship with USPS in future . Always use UPS . they have a gr8 insurance procedure and packages are automatically insured for $100.

USPS insurance is a PITA. You will find yourself waiting a long time without your money or package while they try to find it for you.

My guess is that your package isn't MIA, it's probably rerouted incorrectly, it may still show up.

let that be a lesson to u, not to ship with USPS in future . Always use UPS . they have a gr8 insurance procedure and packages are automatically insured for $100.

I highly disagree. My address is 3107 and they delivered my HDD to 3102. I called them and bitched and the lady said, "The delivery man said he was tired, sorry."

I *hate* UPS

as long as you have insurance, and like at least 30 days (could be more) passed, you can file for reimbursement. Call up usps customer service, or go to postal store for more info. One my insured parcels was lost a few years ago, and I got reimbursed.

yeah i looked online for the wait period its 21 days minimum wait time to file.

may i ask, how long did it take you to get your money?

It's a good idea to call or email them. I once had to wait almost 3 weeks for a package to arrive (because the seller put 94119 instead of 94118 zip code). The USPS guy was quite helpful. He forwarded my message to my local post master and the package arrived 1 day later.

You don't need a letter from Visiontek that they did not receive it. USPS have their own tracking means, they can figure out that the package was lost.

BTW, how heavy was the card? Visiontek return center is a business address, and probably not in a rural area. For a package over 2lb it almost certainly would have been cheaper to ship FedEx, and they have $100 insurance included and REAL tracking, not this BS DC thingy.

End of day (4 Business Days ) FedEx Ground® 7.70

Priority Mail® 2 days 7.50

Parcel Post®
Additional Postage May Apply 7 days 6.15

Sort of.

I tend to like using their flat-rate envelopes.

I've shipped easily over 300 USPS packages without issue. ~290 of them went priority, the other 10 went express...

Although when I had to mail my HD camera to Sony I shipped it express with $2500 in insurance out of paranoia just because I bought it 2 weeks before (And yea, I broke it... not Sony :D)

The fundamental problem here is that you shipped without Delivery Confirmation. Whenever I ship USPS and the shipment matters, it goes USPS Priority with both DC and Insurance.

Without DC _you_ cannot prove that it was/wasn't delivered. Yes, the USPS has their own internal system but you don't have your own independent method of proving such.

Printing online labels @ usps.com = free delivery confirmation... which is how I shipped 300+ packages...

I keep the receipts in a drawer too, cause USPS.com only keeps records for like the past 6 months I believe...

Insurance if they person asks for it, or if it's something fragile/expensive... aka $2500 HD camera or 3 7200.11 terabyte drives

I highly disagree. My address is 3107 and they delivered my HDD to 3102. I called them and bitched and the lady said, "The delivery man said he was tired, sorry."

I *hate* UPS

dude take my advise on UPS . i am in shipping business and i ship at least 100 packages everyday USPS and UPS . And i can tell u i have had bad experience with USPS many times. Ups has goofed up sometimes , but rarely . And they refund u the money if anything goes wrong, and u can hold someone liable. With USPS u cant hold anyone liable .

yeah theres a UPS store right by me, and fed ex is a call away from here, so i'm NEVER going USPS again.

well i have the letter from visiontek saying they never got the box with my graphics card. the insurance reciept does have a number on that, so i think the USPS might be able to track with that or something. we'll have to pray that everything goes through, and now i learned my lesson.

a broken video card, 2 broken CD burners, and now a lost graphics card? all in about 6 months? Not to mention tons of waiting time at the post office? and watching my delivery guarantee's just go un-honored (they guaranteed me a pakcage would be there in 7 days, it took 10)?

no more USPS for me.

Long time ago I went out of state and had to mail something home. I sent the thing and after two weeks of being out of state, I got home and my thing showed up two days after I got back home. All in all, it took them three weeks to deliver my package. The address was correct, it simply was just misplaced at their office somewhere. Your case may be the same. It may show up in three weeks (or even longer). Good luck with your case...

Long time ago I went out of state and had to mail something home. I sent the thing and after two weeks of being out of state, I got home and my thing showed up two days after I got back home. All in all, it took them three weeks to deliver my package. The address was correct, it simply was just misplaced at their office somewhere. Your case may be the same. It may show up in three weeks (or even longer). Good luck with your case...

yeah i can't file for the insurance claim for 21 days anyway, so if it isn't recieved by visiontek by this tuesday (which is 21 days), then i'm filing, because this is ridiculous, i need a graphics card or the money for it.

This thread reminds me of the one that Baronbamboo started a week or so ago complaining about UPS dropping a monitor off at his front door ... and then someone 'stole' it. Well, it ended up that it was much-ado-about-nothing. UPS still had his monitor and he ended up getting it. All that complaining for nothing.

USPS is a great way to ship. In over 20 years of shipping with them they have never lost a package. Crap happens. the USPS handles millions of packages a day and yes, a few do get misplaced. I have a feeling that your card is not lost but is either still in their system OR Visiontek has it ... and doesn't know it. Delivery Confirmation would have proven this out.

You mentioned that you need a video card ... does your MB support built-in video? If so, use that until this is resolved. If you are 'needing' the card to play games ... well you can either go buy another one or read a book. If you do have to file a claim it is going to take a while.

This thread reminds me of the one that Baronbamboo started a week or so ago complaining about UPS dropping a monitor off at his front door ... and then someone 'stole' it. Well, it ended up that it was much-ado-about-nothing. UPS still had his monitor and he ended up getting it. All that complaining for nothing.

USPS is a great way to ship. In over 20 years of shipping with them they have never lost a package. Crap happens. the USPS handles millions of packages a day and yes, a few do get misplaced. I have a feeling that your card is not lost but is either still in their system OR Visiontek has it ... and doesn't know it. Delivery Confirmation would have proven this out.

You mentioned that you need a video card ... does your MB support built-in video? If so, use that until this is resolved. If you are 'needing' the card to play games ... well you can either go buy another one or read a book. If you do have to file a claim it is going to take a while.

i have a P35 chipset, and i'm not a noob dude. If i coulda done that i woulda done it AWHILE ago.

no there is no onboard video.

and i'm filing the claim. i'm getting a temporary X1900 card.

I think they only reimburse you the current market value of the product? You can insure it for 300 but if its only now worth 150 then you get 150.

I believe thats how it works but I could be mistaken.

i sent a package via usps once...a 7950gt.no insurrance (I was scared)...it arrived 18 days later

I think they only reimburse you the current market value of the product? You can insure it for 300 but if its only now worth 150 then you get 150.

I believe thats how it works but I could be mistaken.

you print out an ad for the product or show them a reciept, either of which can show how much the porduct is worth, and thats what they re imburse you.

Back