What do you Watercool? GPU(1,2?), CPU, NB,SB,HDD?

Taradino

Limp Gawd
I'd like to know what other people are cooling.

I'm cooling my Videocard, and CPU currently, but after touching the heatsink on the North Bridge, I realized its rather warm. I'm thinking of cooling it as well... But its a Asrock Dual 939-VSTA.

not actually have any watercooling done just now, but when i get some free time i'm gonna be cooling my cpu,gpu and northbridge in the near future.... hopefully. Damn...... life interfearing. :D

CPU and GPU at the moment. probably won't watercool anything else.

GPU now, adding CPU soon. NB is only useful when pushing high fsb on vmodded 975. SB, HDD, and mosfet blocks are all a waste of money and I feel sorry for anyone who buys them.

z3r0- said:
GPU now, adding CPU soon. NB is only useful when pushing high fsb on vmodded 975. SB, HDD, and mosfet blocks are all a waste of money and I feel sorry for anyone who buys them.
in my case i need the NB block to silense my system, the cooler on my DFI sounds like a freaking circular saw. :cool:

On my big box I cool the CPU and the graphics card. I used to cool the north bridge, too, but the last time I redid my loop I replaced my chipset block with a passive heatsink.

The little box is just the CPU.

Solarfall said:
in my case i need the NB block to silense my system, the cooler on my DFI sounds like a freaking circular saw. :cool:
and it'll drop the flow rate in your loop raising the temps on other things. is it really worth it to get a waterblock over just a normal chipset hsf?

CPU and GPU. My 975X NB is running at 475fsb with a passive cooler just fine.

Solarfall said:
get a Evercool VC-RE chipset cooler and be done with it. highly recommonded on the DFI Street.

CPU and GPU are currently watercooled. Setup is for sale, I will be going back to air.

CPU and both GPU's. My power consumption has reduced by at least 80w at peak usage because of watercooling.

z3r0- said:

nothing constitutes "waste of money" until AC or MIPS makes an optical drive waterblock :cool:

on topic: currently have a waterblock for CPU, MCP600 in transit from Borgschulze

was going to do just the cpu but since getting a good deal on an xtx it had to go in the loop too. Its leaktesting @home as i post :D

z3r0- said:
Don't forget the $49.99 RAM water blocks... xD

Star Fox said:

I don't understand the point of those things. Your just going to dump more heat in the loop for very little performance increase. Unless, I guess you just need that 5 more mhz that allows you to use the next higher memory divider or cpu multiplier which you couldn't get without that active cooling (unusual case).

Star Fox said:

scwam said:
I don't understand the point of those things. Your just going to dump more heat in the loop for very little performance increase. Unless, I guess you just need that 5 more mhz that allows you to use the next higher memory divider or cpu multiplier which you couldn't get without that active cooling (unusual case).

RAM water blocks are totally useless, a silent 120mm fan on the top of the memory makes more sense to me, in a different loop mayby...

cpu and gpu, Ford F150 pickup trunk and I got this sweet phase change cabinet I just use to keep food in.

BillParrish said:
cpu and gpu, Ford F150 pickup trunk and I got this sweet phase change cabinet I just use to keep food in.

LOL, hahaha.
But its true, a nice cooler in a vechicle makes long trips or romantic nights out the BEST!

I'm cooling my cpu and 1 of 2 gpu's at this point. My mobo makes it kinda tough to do both gpu's. I put the other one under an AC silencer because I had a TON of heat collecting at the top of my case since its reversed. Silencer dumps most of that hot air out the back! :D

CPU only at the moment. May build a new loop for G80 - it's looking to be one hot momma.

Is there much of a point to cool the North Bridge if the North Bridge is passive cooled?

I debating on cooling mine as it is farily warm to the touch (thats another point to cool NB..). But for those whom are cooling the NB, are you overclocking at all, putting a demand for watercooling it?

Taradino said:
Is there much of a point to cool the North Bridge if the North Bridge is passive cooled?

I debating on cooling mine as it is farily warm to the touch (thats another point to cool NB..). But for those whom are cooling the NB, are you overclocking at all, putting a demand for watercooling it?

my friend has an NF4 northbridge, and the fan crapped out on him. So he went out and bought himself that blue Zalman heatsink, and found out that his NB was in the 80C range. He only got decent temps when he used a rubber band to ghetto-mount a 50mm fan to the side of the heatsink.

My NF430 has a craptastic aluminum heatsink attached to it, and it runs ass-rapingly hot. I once tested the temp of the blasted thing with my fingers, and my finger automatically withdrew itself from the sheer heat of the heatsink.

Passively cool it, it runs finger-rapingly hot. Actively aircool it, it runs ear-rapingly loud. End of story.

Could people please post what size/how many rads you're using for these? I'm trying to figure this out for my E6600/X1900XTX config.

Also - a lot of the hard core guys claim that using 2 individual 120mm rads drops the flow rate compared to a single 120.2 radiator (designed for 2 120mm fans). Is this true?

If I get a D5 (655) and 2 individual 120mm rads that would be plenty of flow and radiator to cool an E6600 at 3.2-3.6GHz and an X1900XTX, no?

Yes, that should be true, because 2 1x120 radiators will be more restrictive than 1 2x120 radiator.

My XP 2500-M @2.4 and a 5900XT AGP are handled quite well by my BIP 2.120.

I'm using a transport truck's brake radiator. It has been cleaned up, its about a foot long and 3 inches wide. It takes 1/2 in Inside diameter tubing.

I have 3, 80mm fans, which are 50 CFM fans (on a low, medium, airplane noise, switch), and its in a custom box i had made.

cooling cpu and gpu using single 120 BI GTS rad. see sig for details.

i will eventually get a X1900XT 256 to replace my X800XT in my loop, no doubt i will see a temp raise, but shouldn't be that much.

Alright, I ordered a Maze4 chipset block last night, so it will now be CPU, GPU, and northbridge :D

Do you have a schematic diagram with the dimensions, I want to get the maze 4 gpu, but I want to be sure it will fit onto my Asrock Dual 939-VSTA motherboard's NB.

why dont they just make a high flow chipset cooler. it puts low out heat compaired to cpu/gpu. a simple non restrictive "U" shaped would do the trick..

Back