Jet Fighter game without all the complicating controls

rcf1987

2[H]4U
I have been looking for a fun jet fighter game but I don't wanna have to deal with all the controls. You know what I'm talking about where all the buttons on the keyboard do 3 different things. A little bit of button using is fine but I don't want that much.

Rogue Squadron for the PC is kinda old now, but pretty simple, compared to something like LOMAC. Have you tried any of the Combat Flight Sim series? Not jet fighters, but pretty simple IMO.

I know you were referring to PC gaming, but if you have a PS2, you should definitly check out the Ace Combat series. Numbers 4 & 5 are greatest hits titles, so you should be able to pick them up for pretty cheap (new or used). Number 6 ("Ace Combat Zero") should be coming to the U.S. pretty soon, but I do suggest you check out #4 and #5.

I personally liked #4 better (easier/better plane management), but both have pretty good stories and feature simple, action-oriented fun.

I've heard this Ace Combat mentioned before as a great recommendation when I asked for something similar to this... I was of course looking for a PC game and had to pass.

well I did like lomac but I didn't have a manual telling all the commands is falcon 4.0 really complicated

wimps i still play Falcon4 :D best flight sim ever

but yea if your just looking for an arcade shooter on rails Ace Combat is what you want

or do like me and get a nice stick and throttle were you dont have to take your hands off
it makes the game much simpler once you get the nack for fighting the jet

oh for PC try looking for Macross-VO its a japanese game but theres an english patch out for it

im looking for pretty much the same thing. I dont wanna know how to fly a real plane.. i just wanna have some fun with the sticks i have. i usually just play custom maps in bf2 since theyre pretty large compared to the normal maps. but the draw distance gets a bit annoying.

You might want to try Lock-On Gold. I believe there are "levels" for how involved you want the flying to be. Check the reviews for this game.

I'm afraid I can't recommend any PC ones since I've only played LOMAC and EF2000 but for PS2 I'd deffiantely recommend Ace Combat 4 and 5. Superbly fun, well worth trying out.

i really love flight sims, the simplest yet realistic i have seen are il2. falcon 4.0 af does not have a complicated keyboard setup but it does require u to use ur mouse to press a bunch of buttons in the cockpit

Desert Combat has simple flight controls, a variety of aircraft, and if your plane gets too shot up you can just parachute down to some vehicles and fight your way back to base. After BF1942/desert combat, any other game that doesn't let me bail out and drive ground vehicles is just 2-dimensional. I guess I've been spoiled...

I tried Lock On...boy that game is hard. There are so many keys I can't remember them all.

Clowning said:
I tried Lock On...boy that game is hard. There are so many keys I can't remember them all.

not for me but like i said befor once you have a good stick setup you almost never have to touch the keyboard
saitek X36 is just WIN

Back