Ny Next Case

WasntMe

[H]ard|Gawd
So the wife has an older case that's been overheating her hardware (god that sounds funny).

I'm going to be giving her my old Antec Nine Hundred, so I can get a new case with better cable management.

Do you know of a case that you prefer that has cable routing? I'd really like the case to look cleaner inside, and I know cable routing helps that. The Nine Hundred has none, which was horrid for my PSU cables.

I'd like a window, if possible and cable routing. Color isn't a huge issue IMO, but price is. I'm not looking for a $300 Corsair Obsidian 800D (though it'd be nice).

I've been looking through NewEgg and have only found the Cooler Master HAF for $119 that suited my tastes and budget, though that's a big ass case.

Any other suggestions?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The HAF is probably your best bet given the current sale. Pretty good cable routing in those -- I had a ATCS 840, which is the same thing but in aluminum. There's also a smaller version, the 922, though I don't know what those run.

Last edited:
That NZXT Phantom looks nice! About $20 more than I wanted to spend but that's a great option and probably my best choice so far. Looks better than the CM.

There's a thread here at the [H] if you want some owner commentary on the NZXT Phantom.

Also, here's a link to another [H] peep in search of a new chassis. He's more focused on clean lines type of case and ain't into the gamer/blingywindowed stuff like the Antec 900/Haf, but you might find some good options there. Here's my post from that thread which might help you narrow things down a bit. Definitely look into the youtube video sites I mention, they might really help ya blast through a lot of nice cases in a short period of time.

Silverstone's Raven 2 (rv02) goes on sale every 2-3 months for ~$129-150. Excellent cooling, noise, and cable routing. Main downside is that in stock form it only holds 3 hdds. Luckily, there's newer variants like the rv02-e which holds 5 hdds, the all-white rv02w-e, and the pricier ft02 although that's probably outta your budget.

Corsair 600t can be had for ~$150-160 from most retailers and is pretty sweet for the money with very good cable routing. There's also the upcoming 650d.

Back